Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sucky days

I got my Wednesday blog hop post ready...ie I have the buttons and topics copied/pasted....just have to add my answers....I will hopefully get to that this evening.  We shall see...still have to do today's as well.

Yesterday was a sucky day (more on that later)...and today hasn't started any better.  I overslept; my alarm went off, but when I snoozed it, I mistakenly turned it off.  My  mom thought I was up, my husband thought my alarm was set...so I got up about 45 minutes past my usual time.  I still got ready in time...just didn't have the extra minutes I like.  And I thankfully did not have to fix my lunch today (I have a workshop to attend)...so I won't go hungry.   

I took Kraig to his first day of Kindergarten today.  It was as hard for me as it was for him.  He had a good 6-8 mini meltdowns during the hour before we left until we were on our way to the school.  He went from "I'm gonna miss you" to "will you walk in with me" to "will you stay for a little while" to "please don't leave" and kept hold of my hand, my finger, my arm..whatever part I wasn't using.  As I left, he was not actively crying, but I could still hear him sniffling.  My baby...

I did get a few pictures...I will post them later.

The reason today was so hard for Kraig is that he has pervasive development disorder (PDD), in the autistic spectrum.  One of his challenges is transitioning...he does not like change.  He takes a very very long time to adjust to new schedules and routines and what many mistake for shyness is really just his reluctance to new people.  It takes months before he will respond to new people at church, at school, anywhere...and he regresses alot.  The less frequent he sees someone, the longer it takes. 

The reason it was hard for me....he's my youngest.  He's it.  The last one.  And the fact that I should have been taking two to kindergarten today does not lighten my mood any. 

So, yes, today was hard.  And this stagger day thing they do for kindergarten I am sure has it's reasons, but it is truly not a benefit for him.  What we did today....we will do again on Monday. It will get easier each day....but it breaks my heart every time.

blog hops later...tootles folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment