Monday, May 25, 2009

Nina's transition to Womanhood

Further evidence that my little girl has grown up......

Nina was officially welcomed into Relief Society yesterday (the ladies auxiliary of my church)....this is her welcome kit.
Casserole dish--for that first compassionate service call
Table Easel and Doilie--for teaching lessons
Reading Glasses--(I don't remember)
Door Stop--to know that the RS presidents door is always open
Needle and Thread--(I don't remember)
Mormonad--Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful
Just last week, Nina was sustained as a teacher in the Primary program. She was sustained before she was called....the bishopric forgot to talk to her first, then presented her name to the congregation for the sustaining vote. It was quite a shocker for she and I.....but she doesn't mind. She has frequently expressed some hesitation at attending RS....so now she gets to teach the children. A noble calling in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment