Saturday, August 7, 2010

Busy Saturday...

It's 620p and I am just now getting down to the business of blogging.   It's been a good day though...got a few things done, took a nap, made dinner with my husband, and still have some things to do--but what's left is mostly computer stuff (blog stuff, church newsletter, etc.) 

First order of business for the day was Kids Workshop at Home Depot.  If you don't already know....Home Depot hosts a *FREE* workshop once a month in which they provide a kit to make whatever the featured item is...usually seasonal.  (FYI..for my C'ville friends, it's the first Sat of each month from 9-12 for kids aged ? - 8, I think).  Each child gets an apron, a certificate, a tac pin and the completed project. 

Here is Kraig's finished item from today:


He refused to put the apron back on.  Said it was too hot.  Yes, I tried.



My husband LOVES IHop....we eat there alot as a family and for date night...
this week, date night was a challenge for a few reasons...so we decided to do date night at home and googled the IHop pancake recipe.  We found it! 
So we made pancakes together for dinner....they were awesome!  I recommend them to anyone!
We found it here. (you have to scroll down past the bogus stuff to get to the recipe...)


And in other news.....the streets of C'ville are no longer safe to drive.  Memphis and surrounding areas probably have some more time before they become infiltrated. 

Yes, my friends, it is true. 

MY DAUGHTER GOT HER DRIVER'S LICENSE THIS WEEK!!!!


She is beyond excited....So much so, she had to come show us.


Or show off....who takes a GOOD picture on their license?


Only my daughter....she is so freaking photogenic...BEAUTIFUL--yes she is!

Now to finish the Friday Blog Hops...and get to work on Saturday's!

1 comment:

  1. That was a busy day! But at least your catching up on Fridays blog hops. I'm still trying to finish catching up on Thursdays! :)

    ReplyDelete