Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My baby's gone to school!!

Kraig went to his first day of special needs preschool today.....and while he liked it, he says he doesn't want to go back. We found out he qualified last week, and have been trying to get him excited about going.....with not a whole lot of luck. He has no problem with going; he wants me (or my mom) to stay. So I walk him to the classroom, he's getting interested in the stuff, and I start backing up to the door to sneak out. Oh no...the teacher asks him does he want to tell me bye. He starts to wave, then realizes that he's not leaving, and tries to hug me, and then starts crying. So I held my tears until I was in the hallway!

I called the school later...she said he did fine, cried a few minutes, but was participating in the activities. He did ask for his grandma a few times, but didn't cry too much more.

We've asked him if he had fun....Yes. Do you want to go back tomorrow? NO. So as hard as today was, tomorrow will be worse, I fear!


These were taken his first day of speech, back in August, but he uses the same bookbag and took his lunch today as well. I wasn't able to get a good picture today...








No comments:

Post a Comment