Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mema

My grandmother, otherwise known to her grandchildren and great grandchildren as Mema, died last night. She was in her eighties. She had had declining health over the last few years, and increasingly so in the last month or so.

She was my dad's mom. I remember growing up and spending time at her house...she always had treats and snacks we didn't often have at home. I would spend weekends at her house--we'd rent movies and eat junk food. She even bought us school clothes one year. We often spent Thanksgiving and Christmas at her house.....my mom and she would stay up to cook, then we'd just kind of veg the rest of the day. I got married in her house.

We'll be leaving Friday morning to go to Texas, the services are on Saturday, we'll go to church Sunday and then leave for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment